Development & Research Consulting
APPLIED RESEARCH … bringing new insights and resources to bear
CAPACITY BUILDING … making what you’ve got better, from the inside out
PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT & EVALUATION … turning ideas into realities
I have worked with a diverse range of people on social, economic, environmental and culture combined topics.
Every project comes with a different mix of challenges, people, opportunities and assets. As a development consultant, my customized services help clients clarify issues, establish direction, develop capabilities, and implement change.
My purpose is to help people become more effective in utilizing their resources, protect the integrity and beauty of their environment, and build resilient communities.
I strive to accomplish this through work that:
- Encourages respect and collaboration
- Applies specialized interdisciplinary and creative skills
- Fosters leadership, critical thinking, planning and good management
- Helps communities and organizations realize their goals
I have a reputation for my ability to bring people together to work across differences; address complex issues within the broader context; and pay attention to the details. Clients appreciate the personal values I bring to my work. I do what is needed to get the job done; and my energy and commitment produces high quality results.
Inspirations come to us through many channels. Some are life-changing events. Others are fleeting moments. All are treasures.
- At the Core of SustainabilityThese six interrelated factors formed one of the first analytical models I learned to use. That was before the term “Sustainable Development” was coined.
- Resilient Saanich – One step at a timeWe are still in the middle of this crazy COVID-19 global pandemic, and I am so inspired by the optimism and actions of my fellow citizens. I am referring here to the staff, volunteers, and public participants in the Resilient Saanich initiative. Resilient Saanich is an environmental policy framework under construction by one of my …
- Resilience in the face of …I know through experience that a strong relationship is not measured by the smiles and laughter, but by how well that relationship works under stress and adversity. I believe this is true at all scales, from personal relationships to communities and societal networks. For a year now, the COVID-19 pandemic has tested us as individuals, …
If you find a service or idea that resonates for you and connects us with a common interest…