Development & Research Consulting
APPLIED RESEARCH … bringing new insights and resources to bear
CAPACITY BUILDING … making what you’ve got better, from the inside out
PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT & EVALUATION … turning ideas into realities
The purpose of my work is to help people become more effective in utilizing their resources, protect the integrity and beauty of their environment, and build resilient communities.
I strive to accomplish this through work that:
- Encourages respect and collaboration
- Applies specialized interdisciplinary & creative skills
- Fosters leadership, critical thinking, planning & good management
- Helps communities and organizations realize their goals
I started Community & Environment as a way to ‘live my work’ and contribute lasting benefits within my realm of influence. As a development consultant, my customized services help clients clarify issues, establish direction, develop capabilities, and implement change.
I have a reputation for my ability to bring people together to work across differences; address complex issues within the broader context; and pay attention to the details. Clients appreciate the personal values I bring to my work. I do what is needed to get the job done; and my energy and commitment produces high quality results.
If you find a service or idea that resonates for you and connects us with a common interest…
Inspirations come to us through many channels. Some are life-changing events. Others are fleeting moments. All are treasures.
- Working Together for Resilient SaanichThis video production on developing an environmental policy framework for a virtual open house was an easy and fresh way to reach out to the community
- At the Core of SustainabilityThese six interrelated factors formed one of the first analytical models I learned to use. That was before the term “Sustainable Development” was coined.
- Resilient Saanich – One step at a timeWe are still in the middle of this crazy COVID-19 global pandemic, and I am so inspired by the optimism and actions of my fellow citizens.